Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Applying data markings

We are open to changing some of those ideals in TAXII 2.0..  And there are some real reasons to make that sort of change.

One thing we have talked about, but have not really decided either way on, is the idea of applying "helper" labels to a TAXII header to help the end client know what to do with the data.

Example..... Yes, I fully know and understand the weakness of TLP, but use this as some mental juice to think about possibilities.

Imagine if you have a STIX document that has some TLP Green and TLP Red (yes you could argue about not including them both in the same package, but that is an argument for another day).  Imagine if you could give a hint to the TAXII client/server in a TAXII header that some of the content in the payload was TLP Red...  This could GREATLY assist in processing of the data.

Bret Jordan CISSP
Blue Coat Systems