Subject: Update on STIX/CyboX issues

Hey everyone,

For those of you wondering about the issues that were discussed at the face-to-face and others I just wanted to give a brief status update.

Things have been a bit crazy since getting home: reviewing what was discussed and accomplished in Tampa, catching up on a 1000 other things, dealing with a Siberian-style snow storm (~40” at my house in 36 hours), being sick since Sunday and working to craft an appropriate plan for how we tackle issues going forward to maximize our progress. Sorry if that sounds like an excuse I would just like to ask for a little patience.

We are currently working on a product management style plan where we will work on tackling tranches of issues focused on particular capabilities and areas of STIX/CybOX in a prioritized order and with specific time targets.

The first tranche we are planning is focused on running issues about Indicators to ground and is targeted for the end of February to give us something useful to discuss with the community at RSA.

I am currently working through a triage pass of the STIX issues to identify which ones would be in scope for the indicator tranche, the status of any consensus on these issues and a prioritized roadmap of how we can tackle them. I will be working with the CybOX co-chairs to coordinate on the in-scope issues for this tranche as well.
Presenting and discussing the consensus status out of the F2F seemed to make more sense within this context rather than just shotgunning all the issues out in a non-prioritized way.

In the next day or two you should see a first cut at a scope and plan for the indicator tranche that you will be able to review and respond to.

Stay tuned and please let us know if you have any serious concerns with the approach described here.

Sean
STIX SC Co-chair