Subject: Re: [cti-stix] How should this look

As some of us have asserted: real world, end to end work flows, now and in the future, require inter-exchange of STIX Packages completely independent of TAXII.  This fact has nothing to do with CTI maturity, capability, adoption, etc.

Can we make this one of those key topics where we quickly try to come to consensus and move on?

Patrick Maroney
Office:  (856)983-0001
Cell:      (609)841-5104

President
Integrated Networking Technologies, Inc.
PO Box 569
Marlton, NJ 08053

From: <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Bret Jordan <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>
Date: Friday, January 29, 2016 at 5:05 PM
To: John Wunder <jwunder@mitre.org>
Cc: Terry MacDonald <terry@soltra.com>, "cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org>

I agree with that.  End to end workflow is where we need to be talking about this.

Bret

Sent from my Commodore 64

On Jan 29, 2016, at 2:49 PM, Wunder, John A. <jwunder@mitre.org> wrote:
Let’s focus on defining how this will work as a full-stack and then later on we can decide the exact tearlines between TAXII and STIX. Right now I think it’s still hard to say what the responsibilities/data will be at each level and so it’s hard to have concrete discussions.
Bottom line though I do think we need the concept of content-aware message types.