Subject: STIX 2.0 Visualizer

Hey all,

I was talking to a few people today about how to better communicate what we’re proposing and one thing came up in both conversations: graphs + JSON > just JSON. So I thought…why not make a d3 viz to do that! Then we just make some JSON and can see how it looks.

It’s still early, but here’s what I've got so far (d3 is great, it was so easy): http://johnwunder.github.io/stix2-viz/. It accepts a STIX 2.0-style JSON document and tries to convert it to a d3 graph. More info on how it does that is in the README: https://github.com/johnwunder/stix2-viz. There’s also a “test.json” file in there that you can try.

One thing to keep in mind: “edges” are not “relationship” objects, because relationships have their own edges. So relationships show up as a node type.

I know it’s still kinda rough around the edges and hard to see what’s going on. I’d like to get labels on the graph and, in addition, edge labels (so you can see field names) but for now it is what it is. The layout algorithm could also be better, but I know literally nothing about force directed layouts.

Hope it helps! And as always, contributions are welcome. It’s all _javascript_.

John