Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Deterministic IDs - pas de deux

In CybOX this could work... But not really in STIX... We would need to try and identify which fields on each TLO would be considered immutable...  Lets take indicator for example:

We have the following fields:
  1. title
  2. id
  3. created_by_ref
  4. created_time
  5. revision
  6. modified_time
  7. revoked
  8. revision_comment
  9. confidence (reserved)
  10. title
  11. description
  12. pattern
  13. labels
  14. start_time
  15. end_time
  16. severity (reserved)
  17. decay_rate
The first 9 fields are not guaranteed to be unique.   Fields 10-17 can all have minor adjustments per the versioning method the community has decided on without getting a new ID...

So I am curious to know which fields in the Indicator would be used to form a deterministic ID?

Bret Jordan CISSP
Blue Coat Systems