Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Deterministic IDs - pas de deux

On 05.05.2016 19:11:37, Patrick Maroney wrote:

> The proposed Deterministic ID concept has been mis-characterized,
> and rejected on this basis from the beginning. However, the
> discourse (before yesterday's attempt to shut down active
> discussions amongst other voices in the community) has surfaced a
> much bigger issue from my perspective.

Hey, Pat -

I'm sorry to hear that you feel your input has been suppressed. From
where I sit, there's been a long and healthy discussion around the
concept of deterministic identifiers. Personally, I wish we could do
them for a handful of interesting applications, but after going back
and forth at great length, it just doesn't appear to be practical.

The TC is a democratic body. Sometimes democratic bodies take
decisions we disagree with as individuals. Take, for example, the CTI
Common ballot measure I put forward. I was flabbergasted at the level
of opposition to something that seemed so obvious to me, but I didn't
take it personally. That's just how democracy works.

> Fait Accompli - consider me disengaged.

Please don't go, Pat. The TC as a whole would be measurably
impoverished by the loss of your input.

--
Cheers,
Trey