Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Custom properties

I disagree with requiring a consumer to store and process things that it can not understand or things that it does not know about..  That would be a near impossible order.

A standard for sharing is NOT a standard for processing.  To oft we mix specification, implementation, deployment, and process in to the same discussion.

The best place for these sorts of things to be done is in your out-of-band legal frameworks that you setup between sharing groups.  You know, the things that say you will honor and respect data markings and you will not reuse or sale the data someone sends you.

Bret Jordan CISSP
Blue Coat Systems