Subject: RE: [cti-stix] Custom properties

Title: Re: [cti-stix] Custom properties
Great point... Forgive my distrust, I've been out in the left field of "schema on demand" for a while. I certainly empathize with having to look up one field in an object to process another.

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: John-Mark Gurney [jmg@newcontext.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 01:48 PM Central Standard Time
To: Foley, Alexander - GIS
Cc: 'Jason Keirstead'; 'Terry MacDonald'; 'Allan Thomson'; 'cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org'; 'Eric Burger'

Foley, Alexander - GIS wrote this message on Wed, May 18, 2016 at 02:10 +0000:
> Is namespacing properties really a good idea?
>
> How many different MTA security providers need to put their name in front of _score or _action for it to mean the same thing?

If once _score is an integer from 1 through 100,  and another is a
string, and a third is an object, and a fourth is 1 through 10, then
yes, having a name space will help prevent colissions and
misunderstanding..  Having to check the created_by_ref field to decide
how to decide how to understand a field isn't IMO a good method...

--
John-Mark

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.