Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Intrusion Sets

Hi Gary,

I'm confused. If you're copying some fields from the campaign object, then why not just use the campaign object as the 'intrusion set'? The campaign is for grouping related entities together. You could relate objects together with low confidence relationships when you are collecting potential objects together, and then make them high confidence relationships when you are sure they are real.

Thinking about it maybe we could provide a better solution by adding a new 'possible' confidence level to the relationship confidence field that goes under 'low'. In this way we can demonstrate our hunches through the existing object structure, rather than via a new object.

Another way would be to create the Investigation object (as previously suggested on the list) which would be responsible for grouping together all objects that are currently being used during an investigation, and lump all the related objects together (but thats kind of what you're wanting the intrusion set object to do isn't it? ).

Cheers
Terry MacDonald