Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Report object

Just to push on this conversation a bit…

-          Bret and Terry think this object should be added to just Report

-          Allan thinks it should be added to all TLOs

What do others think? Without a little more support here I’m not sure it’s possible to justify it for an MVP release…we can always put it in the hopper for 2.1.

John

From: Allan Thomson <athomson@lookingglasscyber.com>
Date: Monday, June 6, 2016 at 9:54 PM
To: "Jordan, Bret" <bret.jordan@bluecoat.com>, "Wunder, John A." <jwunder@mitre.org>
Cc: Rich Piazza <rpiazza@mitre.org>, Terry MacDonald <terry.macdonald@cosive.com>, "cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org>

Bret – isn’t a report object really just a container that points to a set of other TLOs?

If that is the case then I think the report creators are likely going to want to create the composite parts at the same time as the report and publish all at the same time (most of the time).

I continue to believe that having the option of a distribution/publication date on all objects is a better way to go from an object-oriented design perspective; support the option of distribution time on all objects; as well as simplifying the definition of STIX 2.0 by having one definition in one place.

So I support the concept but would prefer it as an option on all TLOs if a vendor or organization wants to use.

allan