Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Vocab case sensitivity in STIX

I prefer #2. If there is the expectation that ALL vocabulary terms are case sensitive and lower case, this makes it much easer to code against and validate STIX/CybOX content. I don’t really like the idea with #3 that most of our terms will be lower case, but there’s still the possibility that some won’t be; this seems to go against our principles of simplicity and one of way of doing things.

Regards,

Ivan

From: <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Jason Keirstead <Jason.Keirstead@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 7:32 AM
To: "cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org>, John Wunder <jwunder@mitre.org>

Ack - sorry, I meant, I really don't want to do #1 ;)

-
Jason Keirstead
STSM, Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

I really don't want to do #2 as it makes it more difficult to write high-performance code by design since case-transforms are mandated.

-
Jason Keirstead
STSM, Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

"Wunder, John A." ---06/08/2016 09:44:53 AM---This topic applies to all open and controlled vocabularies, not just kill chains, so I changed the s