Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Supporting translations in STIX

Allan Thomson wrote this message on Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 16:00 +0000:
> The sighting points to an indicator that identifies the pattern, which may be in english. But the sighting also points to the observation of the captured information which is in non-english.

We should restrict using language for fields that are human generated
and human consumed..  CybOX data, though may be in a specific language
cannot be translated w/o changing the meaning of it..  If a file name
is in Japanese in an Observation (CybOX data), translating that would
change the meaning of the Observation, and not be helpful...  Labeling
that it's Japense also does not provide any advantage (that I can think
of)..

--
John-Mark