Subject: RE: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [cti-stix] Threat Actor and Identity

For Identity relationships it may be valuable to have relationships between Identities.  i.e. Identity to identity.  Such as 'owns' or 'works for'  Not sure how in-depth we want to get in these types of relationships, but would value a discussion.

-----Original Message-----
From: cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Jerome Athias
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2016 9:17 AM
To: Wunder, John A.
Cc: cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org

Regarding Identity:
While I could see an improvement (or good direction taken) in the information model through the relationships like "created_by_ref"...
The properties, and properties' names seem coming from a design from scratch. (or is this the real intent of (over) simplification making it look 'childish'?) I can't see any design built on previous standards or specifications such as the previous version of CTI/STIX, OASIS CIQ, IODEF:contact (RID or CDXI, etc.) (Is that voluntary? Or is it purely not envisioned any reuse or effort for interoperability?)

nor any foundations on classifications (not even US-centric like NAICS for sectors) (Is it just open for -some folks- to complete the [ISO Ref]... ?)

Best regards