Subject: STIX 2.0 Status - 7/1

All,

Based on the withdrawn objections, I’ve moved the follow objects/concepts to consensus status: Report, Attack Pattern, Campaign, Controlled Vocabulary, Open Vocabulary, Vocabulary Extension, String, External Reference, and Kill Chain.

I’ve also updated the status slides, and here’s where we stand. We’re making a lot of progress, but you’ll notice that there are still some items that are undecided for MVP that are in the Concept phase and therefore unlikely to be done in time. In particular, things like Incident, Asset, Course of Action, and maybe even the Exploit Target-type objects (Vulnerability) are borderline. Keep in mind…it’s not that we don’t want these! We just only have so many hours in the day and want to make sure that when we do add them, we spend the time to get them right.

PS: After I took the screenshot I realized intrusion-set should probably be Development or Review. Sorry!

Have a good weekend, and to those of you in the U.S., a happy 4th of July!

John