Subject: Granular Markings

I just wanted to send out a quick note that MITRE is working on a prototype implementation for granular data markings (which will also encompass object-level markings). Some details are still being resolved, but the implementation will closely resemble what is in the current specification document.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HJqhvzO35h62gQGPvghVRIAtQrZn3_J__0UcDAj-NXY/edit#heading=h.l6edgya0tyjq
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HJqhvzO35h62gQGPvghVRIAtQrZn3_J__0UcDAj-NXY/edit#heading=h.robezi5egfdr

One difference is that we are targeting an extremely constrained (in other words, simple to implement) selector syntax and *not* the entirety of JSONPath (basically just child elements and array indexing). Our proposed API will include functions like the following, which operate by iterating over the list of granular_markings for an object:

    get_markings(object, selector)
    add_marking(object, selector, marking)
    remove_marking(object, selector, marking)
    set_marking(object, selector, marking)
    clear_markings(object, selector)

We hope to have something to share by the end of the week, but if you have questions or would like more information, let me know.

Greg