Subject: Re: [cti-stix] STIX 2.0-Objects ​3.6.​ Industry Sector

Right, i just wanted to highlight that, (like for a lot of other
domains, and especially general business classifications) what you
did, was already done in the past, and Standardized.
So the Standardized lists are currently used by various tools and organizations.
The point is trying not reinventing the wheel, and when possible, and
appropriate, reuse standardized
lists/classification/vocabularies/registries.
Now, with that said, I don't know what list would be the most appropriate.
I would guess that the International one
http://unstats.un.org/unsd/cr/registry/isic-4.asp (available in
various languages) maybe the first level
http://unstats.un.org/unsd/cr/registry/regcst.asp?Cl=27 would be a
good choice. (while it appears that mappings between this
International one and National ones, listed here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Standard_Industrial_Classification
, are already available).

Otherwise, at least, it could be used to completed yours (simplified.
and maybe 'optimized' for our context/need), but/and listing the
provided references (including the US one
http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/sssd/naics/naicsrch?chart=2012 ) would:
- Give more credibility to our international standard
- Provide more interoperability