Subject: Re: [cti-stix] STIX 2.0 Visualization

You can do a lot of neat things with D3 - I actually started playing with this code last week, merging it with https://github.com/vidalab/d3three to make a 3D - VR STIX visualization you could fly around in.

Maybe we can port it to the PSVR and make threat hunting into a video game :)

-
Jason Keirstead
STSM, Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

Inactive hide details for "Back, Greg" ---07/18/2016 05:32:13 PM---DHS has sponsored MITRE to develop a lightweight web-based v"Back, Greg" ---07/18/2016 05:32:13 PM---DHS has sponsored MITRE to develop a lightweight web-based visualization for STIX 2.0 JSON content,

From: "Back, Greg" <gback@mitre.org>
To: "cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org>
Cc: "Scola, Matt" <mscola@mitre.org>
Date: 07/18/2016 05:32 PM
Subject: [cti-stix] STIX 2.0 Visualization
Sent by: <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org>

DHS has sponsored MITRE to develop a lightweight web-based visualization for STIX 2.0 JSON content, showing the various STIX Domain objects and the relationships between them. The STIX content is all processed locally in your browser; not sent to any server. Our hope is that this is useful in the final stages of developing the MVP.

We ultimately want to move it to an OASIS open repository, so others can contribute to it. The code is available at
https://github.com/gtback/stix2-viz , and you can see a demo in action at https://gtback.github.io/stix2-viz/  . For sample content, there is a test.json file in the repository, or there are other STIX 2.0 JSON example available in https://github.com/johnwunder/stix2.0/tree/master/examples/idioms .

Credit where credit is due: even though it's in my GitHub profile, most of the work was done by a MITRE intern, Matt Scola, based on work John Wunder did previously.

Greg Back
MITRE