Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Information Exchange Policy (IEP) Framework

On 27/07/16 23:51, Terry MacDonald wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The FIRST Information Exchange Policy (IEP) Special Interest Group
> <https://www.first.org/global/sigs/iep> has recently completed version 1.0
> of the IEP Framework <https://www.first.org/iep/FIRST_IEP_framework_1_0.pdf>.
> The IEP was developed with STIX compatibility in mind, and is a JSON based
> Framework allowing content producers to specify restrictions for threat
> intelligence Handling, Action, Sharing, and Licensing (HASL)​.

IEP is great and really simple to implement as tagging or marking.

We did an IEP transposition as a MISP taxonomy:

https://github.com/MISP/misp-taxonomies/blob/master/iep/machinetag.json

A strong vouch to have it as marking in STIX.

Cheers

--
Alexandre Dulaunoy
CIRCL - Computer Incident Response Center Luxembourg