Subject: Re: [cti-stix] RE: STIX 2.0 Specification Questions

Hi John-Mark – I agree - but it’s a product/deployment question when something is considered ‘significantly changed’ and hence its not a STIX issue.

On 8/11/16, 3:16 PM, "John-Mark Gurney" <jmg@newcontext.com> wrote:

    Allan Thomson wrote this message on Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 14:07 +0000:
    > Here’s some examples to think about.
    >
    > Example #1: Relationship versioning or not.
    >
    > If I create a relationship R.v1 between 2 objects and the relationship was created a week ago between object A.v1 and object B.v1.
    >
    > Today I change B to B.v2.
    >
    > The relationship was created a time when it was between A.v1 -> B.v1. Not B.v2.
    >
    > There may be legitimate reasons why I don’t want that relationship to automatically resolve to B.v2. But it’s a product question not a STIX exchange question.
    >
    > Therefore, it’s the product implementer’s choice whether a relationship tracks the latest versions of the ID or not.

    IMO, if B.v2 changed significantly enough that the relationship does not apply, then
    B.v2 should be a new object C, and not a new version.

    --
    John-Mark