Subject: Re: [cti-stix] STIX 2.1 discussion

On 30/08/16 13:30, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> The license for MISP is AGPL, that is going to put it out of bounds.

Only the MISP software is AGPL.

The taxonomies are clearly separated from the MISP software to cover such case
and not under the AGPL terms but CC0.

> To use these taxonomies as-is, we would have to seek out all of the
> contributors and re-issue the works under a different license to comply
> with OASIS IPR (and to allow them to be useable by other non-GPL products).

Nope.

The default license for MISP taxonomies is CCO (public domain)[1] except if
one of the author of the taxonomy decided to license it under a different
one. For my understanding, public domain is compatible with the OASIS IPR.

I hope this clarifies.

Cheers.

[1] https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

--
Alexandre Dulaunoy
CIRCL - Computer Incident Response Center Luxembourg