Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Re: [cti] [cti-stix] MISP Taxonomies [Was: CTI Brussels F2F Meeting...RSVP deadline 5 September]

On 13/09/16 12:31, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> Yes, exactly.
>
> The purpose of the larger range is simply to accommodate more possible scales than a single 1-5 scale. Nothing more or less.

Indeed. The proposal came from some real cases we had like reorganizing the confidence level of various sources. The 1-5 scale is clearly
for human analysts where the whole range is mainly for machine-to-machine. With the current proposal[2], you can have both.

Compared to the existing confidence level in STIX described with the HighMediumLowVocab-1.0[1], we added a scale
and a clear description for analysts.

[1] http://stixproject.github.io/data-model/1.2/stixVocabs/HighMediumLowVocab-1.0/
[2] https://github.com/MISP/misp-taxonomies/blob/master/misp/machinetag.json#L31

--
Alexandre Dulaunoy
CIRCL - Computer Incident Response Center Luxembourg