Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Relationship name tweaks - attributed-to

I agree that having a distinction between "planned by" and "executed by" has real value (and we should have both), but having "attributed to" in addition to those just introduces ambiguity. So I vote for those two...

-
Jason Keirstead
STSM, Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security | www.securityintelligence.com

Inactive hide details for Terry MacDonald ---09/21/2016 04:17:29 PM---Hi all, It's not an either/or decision. The great thing aTerry MacDonald ---09/21/2016 04:17:29 PM---Hi all, It's not an either/or decision. The great thing about relationships in the

From: Terry MacDonald <terry.macdonald@cosive.com>
To: "John A. Wunder" <jwunder@mitre.org>
Cc: Allan Thomson <athomson@lookingglasscyber.com>, cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: 09/21/2016 04:17 PM
Sent by: <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi all,

It's not an either/or decision. The great thing about relationships in the graph model that we use it that there can be many types of relationships between the same types of objects. For example campaign X and Threat actor A can have an attributed relationship between them (from org V) and a planned-by relationship (from org V) and an executed-by relationship (from org W).

In my opinion we should be using multiple relationships everywhere to help better describe the relationships we want to describe rather than forcing ourselves down to a single type of relationship. That's such a STIX 1.x way of thinking.

So - why not have all of them?

Cheers
Terry MacDonald
Cosive