Subject: Location in 2.0

All,

One of the issues that Allan brought up at the last face-to-face is that location information might be better encoded as a separate SDO rather than as fields on the existing SDOs. Given that, how should we address location attributes in 2.0?

IMO, given that we want to discuss this in 2.1, for 2.0 we should remove location attributes from STIX (for now). That would keep us from breaking things in a future version and would mean removing the following fields:

Identity:

-          Regions

-          Nationalities

Intrusion Set:

-          Region

-          Country

Any objections to this? It would let us get 2.0 out and then work on location for 2.1.

Thanks,

John