Subject: Re: [cti-stix] STIX 2.1 Proposal - STIX Question and STIX Answer

On 23.12.2016 15:01:55, Terry MacDonald wrote:

> This proposal outlines a way that we could implement this
> functionality, allowing STIX/TAXII to support requests for
> information, and responses to those requests.

Hey, Terry -

Nice work, man! Couple of thoughts on your proposal:

* `expiry` field: Timestamp Precision was removed from STIX 2.0 based
  on the ballot that closed 20.12.2016 so the precision-related
  language can be elided.

* `observables`: You can pass a list of Observable Objects in a STIX
  Question but since Observables don't have a UUID and you might pass
  an array of completely unrelated Observables inside a single STIX
  Question, how does a respondent indicate in a *structured* manner
  which `objects` in a STIX Answer correspond to which Observables in
  the original STIX Question?

* Since `question` and `answer` are STIX SDOs, they'll be passed
  around via TAXII inside of a STIX Bundle. Directly embedding other
  SDOs inside their respective Question/Answer SDOs, which are then
  embedded inside a STIX Bundle seems weird.

--
Cheers,
Trey