Subject: Re: [cti-stix] STIX 2.1 Cyber Observable Proposal - Webpage Object

I am not so sure about this one..  It seems like there are already "structured" ways of sending this information, aka its native form.  I do not think we should be re-inventing HTML or HTMLv5.

I just do not see any vendors producing a product that tears HTML apart and puts it in specialized containers.  IMHO, they will just attack the webpage as an artifact and then put some notes that you should parse it with the HTML diagnostic tools that you already have for doing the exact thing.

Bret

From: cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Terry MacDonald <terry.macdonald@cosive.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 5, 2017 1:45:44 AM
To: cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org; OASIS CTI TC CybOX SC list

Hi All,

In the spirit of gift giving at this time of year, I have yet another proposal to offer the grou pfor discussion at the upcoming F2F...

​2.6.Webpage Object

Type Name: webpage

The Webpage Object represents an instance of a webpage, corresponding to the HTML W3C recommendations described at https://www.w3.org/TR/#tr_HTML.

If you wish to comment, please do so as a reply to this email, or leave a comment on the Google Doc here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UdU20HcBbRM1yBQJw0-phC7HEryaokgp7X04h6pJ_Ak/edit?usp=sharing

PDF version attached for those who prefer those.....

Cheers

Terry MacDonald | Chief Product Officer