Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Re: [EXT] [cti-stix] RE: [iep-sig] [cti-stix] RE: STIX 2.1: Adding IEP Framework to STIX 2.1

On 08/05/17 01:20, Bret Jordan wrote:
> It was not a demand.  It was a question.  Sorry if it came across that way.  I did also bring this up back when IEPv1 first came out.
>

> The problem with using a dash for property names is, as you know, various programming languages have a really hard dealing with it.  Some will require that you map them to different names in your code.

I still don't get the issue is there. Internal variable naming and the naming of the actual fields doesn't have to have a direct 1:1 relationship. Also, why not just use dictionaries in the first
place? I don't see how this can realistically be an issue unless it involves some dodgy software design. Could you point me to a software or library where this was an issue?

Thank you.

--
Alexandre Dulaunoy
CIRCL - Computer Incident Response Center Luxembourg