Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Re: [EXT] Re: [cti-stix] Possible solution to conundrum of how to do patterns for Infrastructure and Malware

I agree with Trey – I think this is a non-starter, unless we wish to re-architect significant portions of STIX 2.0. Is anyone really wishing for this?

-Ivan

On 5/25/17, 10:39 AM, "Trey Darley" <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org on behalf of trey@kingfisherops.com> wrote:

    On 25.05.2017 13:14:58, Jason Keirstead wrote:

    > I am also not sure what having observables as TLOs gains you. I
    > think it would make things quite messy actually and not contribute
    > to solving this problem...

    While I was initially supportive of making STIX Observables (CybOX at
    the time) into first-class TLOs during The Great Arglebargle Debate of
    2016, doing so at this point would require a *significant* reworking
    of STIX 2.0, Parts 3-5. Making such a radical change this late in the
    process are negligible when compared to the impact of delaying STIX
    2.0 by some months.

    I recommend tabling the discussion of making Observables TLOs until
    STIX 3.0.

    --
    Cheers,
    Trey