Subject: Re: [cti-stix] GeoJSON

On 27.06.2017 20:45:48, Wunder, John A. wrote:

> To outline the options:
>
> Option 1: Include GeoJSON as an optional property alongside the
> other MaxMind-style attributes, including latitude and longitude.
> This creates a bit of “two ways of doing things”, because then you
> can either use GeoJSON to represent a point or you can just use the
> lat/long fields in the core location object.

Slight clarification: on the call we discussed the possibility of
representing lat/long as GeoJSON Points, which *would* eliminate the
"two ways of doing things" problem.

That said, tools which only aimed for MaxMind functionality might not
be capable of processing GeoJSON Polygons. (This might be addressed by
some thoughtful additions to the Interoperability specs.)

John's right about the consensus on the working call: unless some
compelling arguments are brought to the table, most likely we will
defer GeoJSON support to STIX 2.2+.

--
Cheers,
Trey