Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Re: [EXT] [cti-stix] Location, latitude/longitude, and precision

In all fairness, GeoJSON is a big lift in terms of implementation complexity and isn’t really comparable to one additional precision property.

Given that, how would you respond to John’s original question regarding precision?

From: <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Jason Keirstead <Jason.Keirstead@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 10:32 AM
To: Richard Struse <rjs@mitre.org>
Cc: Bret Jordan <Bret_Jordan@symantec.com>, "cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org>, "Wunder, John A." <jwunder@mitre.org>, Mark Davidson <Mark.Davidson@nc4.com>, Trey Darley <trey@newcontext.com>

As I stated a few days ago - if we are going to start including precision then I would rather we just go back to GeoJSON which is an existing RFC supported out of the box by many products.

Folks pressed to not use GeoJSON because they would not use all the features, and now we're talking about re-inventing things it already gives us.

-
Jason Keirstead
STSM, Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security