Subject: Re: [cti-cybox] Re: [cti-stix] Re: [cti-cybox] Re: [EXT] [cti-cybox] Agenda for August 8 Working Call

Those are good questions.  The specification will not mandate, or I hope will not mandate, the use of IEP, but is the interop SC going to mandate it in their profiles?

Bret

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 7, 2017, at 7:46 PM, Back, Greg <gback@mitre.org> wrote:

As long as we aren’t mandating all consumers (and producers, though I’m more worried about consumers) to implement IEP, I’m fine with this. I’m also fine with using interoperability to promote the use of IEP, and (hopefully) letting market forces make IEP used universally.

On 2017-08-07, 19:01 UTC, "cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org on behalf of Struse, Richard J." <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org on behalf of rjs@mitre.org> wrote:

Meant to say: “…that we are NOT requiring IEP nor…”

From: <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Richard Struse <rjs@mitre.org>
Date: Monday, August 7, 2017 at 2:59 PM
To: Bret Jordan <Bret_Jordan@symantec.com>, "Wunder, John A." <jwunder@mitre.org>, "cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org>, "cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-cybox@lists.oasis-open.org>

Since we began this work there has been a clear recognition that TLP, while useful, isn’t sufficient to represent the sorts of policy expressions that are required to truly enable CTI sharing ecosystems. The FIRST community is exactly the sort of hands-on community best suited to develop such policy frameworks and it doesn’t seem like there are any competing policy frameworks under consideration.  Given that, and the fact that we are requiring IEP nor are we “tying” STIX to IEP (or vice-versa), it seems worthwhile to do the work necessary to figure out how to best support those communities that wish to use IEP.

Is there anyone actively opposed to the TC figuring out how we might support IEP?