Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Re: [EXT] [cti-stix] Way forward with the Event SDO

Separate reply RE the sketchboard - As you mention, we want to "focus on the arrows". The first step in this process is to make sure we have everyone's workflow documented and sketched. So far we have captured three different flows, and then been able to combine two of them, to end up with two flows. But this is only based on input from 4 or 5 people. There are undoubtedly other flows that need to be captured.

Once everyone is agreed that we have captured the right flows, *then* we can start looking at all of the arrows in these flows (which is where data is flowing) and decide which ones we are prioritizing now. At that point, everyone should be very aligned as to what we are trying to do.

Lets try to ensure we have everyone's flows accurately captured first. Then we can discuss which arrows we want to target for 2.1 on a working call.

-
Jason Keirstead
STSM, Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security

Our main use case for the Event SDO and top priority is to be able to export the results of analytics done on raw observation data in any of our platforms, to other platforms (including other security analytics platforms, threat hunting platforms, IR platforms, other TIPs, and ticketing systems) for consumption, and when doing this to lose as little fidelity as possible on this analytic result.

That would be our #1 use case for this. It is somewhat aligned with what Bret has for #3 below, but not exactly.

-