Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Update links

Yes, Duncan, you're absolutely right.  I noticed this a couple months ago and created https://github.com/oasis-open/cti-documentation/issues/47. We haven't had a chance to fix it, but if you're interested, I'd gladly merge a Pull Request that makes that change.

In terms of OASIS and SEO, I'd want to get more information/advice from OASIS staff, but I'm happy to help implement anything on the documentation site based on their suggestions.

Thanks,

Greg

On 2018-01-19, 08:18, "cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org on behalf of Duncan" <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org on behalf of duncan@sfractal.com> wrote:

Apologies if this is already on a to-do list or if it opens a can of worms already argued and resolved.

I went to go look something up in STIX on a device I don’t normally use so had to find it ‘from scratch’.

I google searched and all the top items were ads from STIX vendors, which may be a good thing but from OASIS viewpoint you may want to consider doing something to get moved up the list when people actually want to find the standard.

I clicked on the highest non-vendor link and ended up on the ‘old’ site from which I clicked on the reference to STIX 2.0 and got to

https://oasis-open.github.io/cti-documentation/

which is under the control of this mailing list. From there I clicked to

https://oasis-open.github.io/cti-documentation/resources#stix-20-specification

 which purports to be the STIX 2.0 Specification but brings me to a google doc which is a working doc.

Shouldn’t it bring me to the now approved Spec instead of a working doc?

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize

Duncan Sparrell

sFractal Consulting, LLC

The closer you look, the more you see