Subject: New property names for previous label properties

Hey all,

Per Issue 37 (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/cti-stix2/issues/37), the TC has decided to stop using the labels property for the default vocabularies we have on some object types that generally categorizes the object. Given that change, we need to name the new properties on each of the objects that the change applies to.

After hearing from Jason on Slack, I captured some potential names in the last comment on that github issue (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/cti-stix2/issues/37#issuecomment-379361610). Can you please take a moment and review those suggestions? If you agree, please +1 my comment or respond over e-mail. If you disagree and have a different suggestion, please comment in Github or respond over e-mail. I’d like to get at least a few people to positively agree to these decisions…especially if you were a proponent of making the change called out in the issue.

You can find the vocabs themselves in Part 1 (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ShNq4c3e1CkfANmD9O--mdZ5H0O_GLnjN28a_yrEaco/edit) and the definitions for how they’re used in the objects in Part 2 (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bkMmU1PxlwlAwjrMmyWV147rvLcRs2x62FicHbpH2gU/edit). Just search for the object name.

Many of the suggestions are “_type”…just note that there’s already a “type” property on the objects, so it would lead to both a required “type” property and a required “indicator_type” property on Indicator, for example. That may be fine, it was just pointed out already in Slack so I wanted to bring it up here.

Thanks!

John