Subject: Re: [cti-stix] Re: [EXT] Re: Bundle add Spec_version

As a followup to this discussion, there was a group that met on Friday to talk about this from a TAXII standpoint.  The rough consensus out of that group right now is that TAXII should define its own Bundle / Envelope.  This would solve some of the media type problems in TAXII and it would also eliminate the need for having spec_version on the STIX Bundle. Just FYI.

Obviously the TC as a whole will need to decide if these changes should be made to TAXII.  Please see my mail to the taxii list from last Friday if you want to comment on this issue.

Bret

From: cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org <cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Wunder, John A. <jwunder@mitre.org>
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 8:16:15 AM
To: cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org

+1.

On the core question here...I think it's probably a good idea to add some spec_version field to bundle and make it mean just the spec version of the bundle. I'm pretty indifferent on the name, I'd lean towards just using spec_version (people will figure it out) but I'm fine with another name to deconflict as well.

John