Subject: Query Use Cases Needed!

All,

Since query was called out yesterday as a potential challenge for the Channel model that’s been proposed for TAXII, I’d like for us to try and validate the Channel model against query use cases. I’d like for us to start by identifying query use cases that we think we care about. For now, a one-liner of the use case is probably the right level of abstraction (we can add more detail later).

To get the conversation started, here are some things I’ve heard on the list:

·         Query by ID

·         Query by “observable” (e.g., IP / Hash)

Once we’ve collected the use cases, we can analyze their impact on the channel model. Please offer up your one-liner query use cases!

Thank you.

-Mark

P.S. We have not forgotten the query discussions of old; this is partly to generate discussion and partly to see what’s still on the forefront.