Subject: Re: [cti-taxii] Comparison Matrix

Hi TAXII SC:

In concert with what Joep is advocating, and Sean has endorsed, I've started putting together a comparison table of the key standards that Bret, Patrick and Terry suggested we start to take a look at.  I've started populating the matrix for:  ZMTP/3.0, AMQP/1.0 & MQTT/3.1.1 as a start.  Others to follow. It is my thinking that if we are going to develop a Roadmap, it would be useful to have the background information for the protocols we select in an easily understood form.  That is what I'm trying to accomplish with this matrix.

I have given you all editorial rights so please feel free to add/delete/modify to make it a more useful tool.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19sOgky2o2vJarM8UvaVaqPFK2LzGVx0LjlYKNHP7l9o/edit?usp=sharing

Jane Ginn
jg@ctin.us
CTIN

On 9/4/2015 8:10 AM, Barnum, Sean D. wrote:
Very well said, Joep.
Speaking on a personal level I can understand your concerns here and I think they mirror my concerns for STIX as well.
We all want to move forward as fast as we can but a key part of our responsibility as the shepherds of these efforts within a formal standards body is to do so carefully and deliberatively.
I think fleshing out explicitly codified use cases for all of the SC level areas is very important for us all right now.
Thank you for your willingness to step up and be that guy and speak from your perspective of experience.

Sean

From: <cti-taxii@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Joep Gommers <joep@intelworks.com>
Date: Friday, September 4, 2015 at 8:47 AM
To: "cti-taxii@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-taxii@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [cti-taxii] I'm going to be that guy: TAXII use-cases and delta assessment against current spec

Dear all,

First off, my thanks for the time and effort spend on getting this working group off the ground and starting to drive the mission forward – good to see. I apologize for our team not being engaged more as we enter our go to market. Though, in the interim we’re keeping a close eye and are strategically committed to helping to drive TAXII forward. In that spirit, I’d like to take a moment and share my unease with the current focus of the workgroup. Note that I’m doing so all in good spirit and with the intention of the most timely path to value for the community. In short, I think we’re moving to fast in terms of solution without – as a community – having a good shared understanding of use-cases and delta against current TAXII specification.

--
Jane Ginn, MSIA, MRP
Cyber Threat Intelligence Network, Inc.