Subject: Re: [cti-taxii] Vision Statement for TAXII

I love the fact that we are talking and discussing..  Well done everyone.  Keep it up.   We want everyone to feel comfortable in coming to the table and giving their comments and feedback about TAXII...  This is the best way for us to be build the perfect TAXII solution.

Thanks,

Bret

Bret Jordan CISSP
Blue Coat Systems

On Sep 15, 2015, at 09:27, Wunder, John A. <jwunder@mitre.org> wrote:

Just spitballing here:

TAXII is an open protocol that enables rapid, secure, and trusted sharing of cyber threat intelligence between people and systems. With a focus on simple and reusable concepts, TAXII reduces the friction of sharing cyber threat intelligence among disparate tools, organizations, and ecosystems [without prescribing specific trust agreements, governance, or sharing policies].

I’d go either way on the section in the brackets…do people often misunderstand and think that TAXII prescribes trust agreements, governance, sharing policies, etc? If so, maybe include it. Otherwise it’s extraneous and could even sound defensive.

John

From: <cti-taxii@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of "Richard.Struse@HQ.DHS.GOV"
Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 10:58 AM
To: "'cti-taxii@lists.oasis-open.org'"
Subject: Re: [cti-taxii] RE: Vision Statement for TAXII

The original paragraphs were clearly too verbose and lacked punch. However, the proposed language seems somehow too vague and does read like ad copy.

I'm also not thrilled with talking about TAXII as a "technology". While I think we all know what is meant by that, others might infer that TAXII is a specific thing when it is in fact a series of specifications. I'd urge us to consider making it clear what TAXII is. The original paragraph did that well.