Subject: Re: [cti-taxii] RE: Vision Statement for TAXII

I agree with Jason. The term sharing has really gotten our industry in a lot of trouble. I am actually jealous of the IT networking industry as they do the same thing, but it’s called “communication” instead of sharing. People worry a lot more about sharing than they do about communicating.

Aharon

From: <cti-taxii@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Jason Keirstead
Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 1:07 PM
To: "Davidson II, Mark S"
Cc: "Wunder, John A.", "'cti-taxii@lists.oasis-open.org'"

TAXII is not only about sharing, it is also about the simple goal of being able to transmit CTI from one product to another. When I connect to an internal FTP server and download something, we don't think of this as the server "sharing" with me. You could call this "sharing" I suppose, but people do not think of information transfer in t