Subject: Re: [cti-taxii] Question about multiple trust group support

Hey, Jason -

Imagine that a large multinational corporation or informal sharing network (hub and spoke) wants to synchronize some or all of their TAXII trust groups. As things currently stand, that would necessarily involve out-of-band (ie, non-TAXII) communication. What I'm proposing is an optional block for sharing trust group info. Soltra Edge can encapsulate its notion of trust group data inside the soltra block. If Intelworks groks that, it can act on it. If not, it can safely disregard the data encapsulated in the block.

(Or maybe, just maybe several vendors collaborate to support interoperability.)

Extend the notion to n vendor-specific definition of trustgroups. TAXII can easily support sharing trustgroup information in-band without actually codifying any particular notion in the standard.

[again with the strawman]

<trustgroups>
  <soltra>
  </soltra>