Subject: Re: [cti-taxii] Items in scope vs out of scope

Hi Terry,

Your concerns certainly reflect those of many
in the community.  On the other hand, there
are arguably more ubiquitous TAXII use cases
where EVcerts have a value proposition.  Perhaps
this all gets folded into the trust model options.

--tony

On 2015-10-15 7:14 PM, Terry MacDonald wrote:
I personally don't hold a lot of value in the use of EV Certs. Certificate Authorities have a long history of getting social engineered, hacked, and so forth. I think if people are super concerned with validation of certificates then that will happen either with phone calls to repeat the fingerprints of certs, or for super secret trustgroups people will use their own shared PKI solution (e.g. separate offline trustgroup root cert, with a trustgroup run issuing server for all participants). Vendors will of course issue client certs through their vendor portals, or just accept the user auth as confirmation of the TAXII clients identity.