Subject: Google Calendar Tip for OASIS CTI Meetings

Hi All,

I’ve missed some meetings in the past because I was manually adding the upcoming meetings to my Google Calendar, rather than automating it, and missed some updates. So I thought I’d post some steps on automating it so that future meetings just turn up and you’ll never miss another one! Ignore this if you don’t use Google Calendar J.

1.       Log into your OASIS CTI TC Workgroup (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cti/)

2.       Click on Calendar

3.       Copy the ‘subscribe to icalendar’ link URL (something like webcal://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=<yourtoken>&workgroup_id=519)

4.       Change tabs in your web browser to your Google Calendar

5.       Click the drop-down arrow next to ‘Other Calendars’ and select ‘Add by URL’

6.       Paste in the ‘webcal’ URL you copied from the OASIS website

7.       The Main CTI TC Calendar should appear in your Google Calendar and will automatically update when new events are added or changed.

If you are a member of multiple CTI Sub-Committees then you will need to perform the same steps with each Sub-Committees calendar. Unfortunately the Sub-Committee events don’t ‘bubble up’ and appear in the CTI TC Calendar so you will need to add them each independently.

Hope this helps! (And sorry for the cross posts…)

Terry MacDonald

Senior Google Calendar Subject Matter Expert

SOLTRA | An FS-ISAC and DTCC Company

+61 (407) 203 206 | terry@soltra.com