Subject: Posting to a resource

All,

I have another question after reviewing REST-ish APIs from various high profile internet sites (twitter, facebook, etc).  Right now in the TAXII spec we talk about channel creation as a POST of the channel.json message to ../taxii/api-base/channels

However, after reviewing other APIs I am wondering if we should do something like:

POST channel-new.json ../taxii/api-base/channels/new

and

POST message.json ../taxii/api-base/channels/best-indicators/new

Then if the channel-new.json message has a channel name of best-indicators and the server allowed you to use that value, then you would get a resulting location of:

../taxii/api-base/channels/best-indicators

This would separate out the POST of new channels or even new messages to a channel from the base ../channels URL or the ../channels/best-indicators URL.

Bret