Subject: Re: [cti-taxii] Restrictions on resource names

Terry MacDonald wrote this message on Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 08:47 +1300:
> My only concern with this is the fact it makes it easier to do phishing
> attacks. IDIs make it easier to make fake DNS names look like real ones (eg
> make a fake oasis-open.org using an a from a different language).

The IDN homograph attack is outside the scope of the specification, as
that is already a common problem and there are various ways to address
that.

We are only talking about one path component for TAXII.  If an administrator
allows the creation of similar names, they are responsible for the confusion
as a result.  I hope that TAXII servers will not allow arbitrary creation
of collections, or that some administrator will handle the curation of that.

--
John-Mark