Subject: Re: [cti-taxii] TAXII X headers

Bret – I suggest we should be careful to keep the TAXII specification clear.

The only way to add something to a TAXII server is via the collection push mechanism.

NOTE: There may be software that supports integration of a database and other functionality that is combined with a TAXII server but that is not mandatory. The TAXII spec focuses on objects/sharing via collections.

There is no separate addition mechanism specified without collections being used and I would suggest for clarity we should keep semantics of those timestamps to be based on when the object was added to the collection.

Allan Thomson,

CTO, Lookingglass Cyber Solutions

This electronic message transmission contains information from LookingGlass Cyber Solutions, Inc. which may be attorney-client privileged, proprietary and/or confidential. The information in this message is intended only for use by the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.  If you believe that you have received this message in error, please contact the sender, delete this message, and be aware that any review, use, disclosure, copying or distribution of the contents contained within is strictly prohibited