Subject: TAXII Information Request and Response Proposal

Hello all;

Myself and Terry MacDonald have been working for the past few days on a proposal for something we are calling "TAXII Information Request and Response".

The proposal covers *both* the "peer-to-peer question and answer" use case Terry is passionate about, *as well as* the server- side TAXII Query use cases I am very passionate about.

We think we have come up with a very elegant solution for both, that...

a) Does not tightly couple TAXII with STIX
b) Should be relatively straight-forward to implement
c) Allows some very powerful query and filtering capabilities, *along with* the possibility for vendors to extend as they see fit with additional capabilities, without breaking other implementations

At this point we'd really like to see some others come in, take a look, and give comments... hopefully we can go into the proposal in detail in a working call sometime soon.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cy_9Bh5tKEkDHGg2iv5c3AwriqVr7ygbKXWOv4-uHxs/edit?usp=sharing

-
Jason Keirstead
STSM, Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." - Unknown