Subject: Re: [cti-taxii] More questions about tracking objects in collections

The way filtering is defined right now - it can apply to any endpoint. IE, you apply your filter to the GET on /collections/<id>/objects.  So the way I read the spec... this "return the latest version" is true throughout all endpoints, right now.

We actually don't have any endpoint that would allow something like a "global search" right now anyway, so the /collections/<id>/objects endpoints are the only places filters even really make sense.

Tackling this "global query" problem is part of the proposal Terry and I created...

-
Jason Keirstead
STSM, Product Architect, Security Intelligence, IBM Security Systems
www.ibm.com/security

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." - Unknown

From:        Allan Thomson <athomson@lookingglasscyber.com>
To:        Jason Keirstead <Jason.Keirstead@ca.ibm.com>
Cc:        "Bret Jordan (CS)" <Bret_Jordan@symantec.com>, "cti-taxii@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti-taxii@lists.oasis-open.org>, "John-Mark Gurney" <jmg@newcontext.com>, Terry MacDonald <terry.macdonald@cosive.com>
Date:        01/25/2018 11:45 AM
Sent by:        <cti-taxii@lists.oasis-open.org>

Jason – Agree but I believe that’s done in the context of object query for a specific object where it makes sense that it returns the latest one only.

I was referring to a collection and pulling a collection down by timestamp.

In that case, everything that has been posted to the collection should be returned including prior versions of the object.

In this sense, I consider the collection a ‘queue’ and not a db per se.

Allan Thomson,
CTO, Lookingglass Cyber Solutions
This electronic message transmission contains information from LookingGlass Cyber Solutions, Inc. which may be attorney-client privileged, proprietary and/or confidential. The information in this message is intended only for use by the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.  If you believe that you have received this message in error, please contact the sender, delete this message, and be aware that any review, use, disclosure, copying or distribution of the contents contained within is strictly prohibited