Subject: Re: [cti-taxii] Re: [EXT] [cti-taxii] The "meaning" of media types in STIX 2.x

Trey,

I was not suggesting that the STIX Bundle go away.  I am sorry if I gave that perception.  What I was saying is should TAXII define its own Bundle.

Bret

From: Trey Darley <trey@newcontext.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 3:16:55 AM
To: Bret Jordan
Cc: Drew Varner; cti-taxii@lists.oasis-open.org

On 13.09.2018 00:35:37, Bret Jordan wrote:

> Another part of the question is, should the Bundle wrapper really be
> defined in TAXII as well?  Meaning, should the Bundle we a TAXII
> thing.  This would keep the wrapper under the TAXII media type,
> which would simplify some things.

Not all STIX will be transported via TAXII. I've seen several threat
feeds lately that make STIX2 available via a proprietary REST
API. STIX2 without the Bundle would be invalid JSON. TAXII2 may need
some type of JSON wrapper - that's a separate question. But the Bundle
must remain in STIX.

--
Cheers,
Trey