cti-users message

Subject: Re: [cti-users] Cybox CPE questions

Lee,

I have hope the example documentation will be at the same or as close to parity with the Python at some point, but there will always be these "“How do I do X, Y, or Z via java-stix?” questions.

My best advice to handle your question and ones like it is to start document-first and then from there create and inspect the resulting model to figure out how to start model-first.

In other words, get a document the way you want that you can validate through either the java-stix-validator or the python-validator, and then take the example code from say

https://github.com/STIXProject/java-stix/blob/master/src/main/java/org/mitre/stix/examples/XMLParser.java

And modify it to parse the document you've create into a model.  Open and debug your code in an IDE, placing a break point right after line 53 in the example, where the model is created and use the IDE to inspect the model to figure out how to create the same document via java-stix.

-Michael