cti-users message

Subject: Re: Web-scaling and the Future

Derrick,

Thanks for the reply. I'm a little confused. Could you help me understand the connection between MEF and TAXII?

Thanks,

JSA

PS-Your webmail spamblocker won't let me reply to you directly.

From: DR Hyatt <rhyatt@sprynet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 9, 2015 7:28 PM
To: John Anderson; cti@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: cti-users@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Web-scaling and the Future

Hi John,

We are now at a pivotal moment whereby if is a non-Carrier Ethernet Network with (MEF) CE 2.0 E-Access certification then it is no longer suitable to handle the needs of today’s digital, web-scaling world.

The architecture for a well-designed SOC must meet today’s high technical standards.  The (MEF) Certification Program had been instrumental in accelerating global adoption of Carrier Ethernet solutions by tens of thousands of businesses and organizations. As you know, The Representational State Transfer (REST) services, are APIs and noted as a specification of remote calls exposed to API consumers. It is used to refer to both a server-side API upon a web server as well as client-side API within a web browser.   The Metro Ethernet Forum or (MEF) has unique positioning in the industry with service-oriented certification, and will build upon this to support the Third Network Life-cycle Orchestration Use Cases (LSO) Vision for Carrier Ethernet Networks for wholesale providers, enterprises, and Cloud service delivery. APIs are essential for the realization of LSO and will be incorporated in future MEF certification programs that will verify the LSO-related APIs, including API formats and behavior like TAXII 2.0.  See: (https://www.mef.net/carrier-ethernet/cloud-services)

Best regards, Derrick R Hyatt Esq.