cti-users message

Subject: RE: [cti-users] [cti-stix] [cti-users] MTI Binding

To add my .02 on Semantic models and RDF – Fundamentally, I like it, it could really allow for some powerful analysis when it comes to turning the data into knowledge, but wow – the change is SO severe vs what we have now in Stix 1.x.  Feels like most implementations (tools) would be starting from scratch.  If there is ever a time to do that, it is now, but I fear that the time that all of us would lose would (a year or more) would put us too far behind competitive formats/standards… and that’s if we can all pull it off (appears to be pretty complex from an implementation perspective).

From: cti-users@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:cti-users@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Jacobsen, Jasen W.
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2015 6:05 PM
To: cti-stix@lists.oasis-open.org; cti-users@lists.oasis-open.org

It would also be useful to see the UML models and/or semantic models used. Abstract->representation->instance. There are some advocating the use of fairly advanced/sophisticated/complex modeling tools and then generating everything else algorithmically. A bite size example may help those who are not steeped in the practice of that craft and tools.

I believe many here are not professional ontologists and data modelers.

- Jasen.